Thursday, January 27, 2011

three until three

in just three more days, my sweet boy will turn three years old. it's crazy to think about how much has happened since he was born. our lives have completely changed (for the better), and i cannot imagine what life would be like without him. he has brought so much fun, laughter, and learning into our home. and maybe a bit more stress and exhaustion, but it has been totally worth it.

two weekends ago i was at work, and a mother and son were browsing at my store. the boy was probably around eight or nine years old, he was so sweet and polite and i could see that he truly loved and respected his mother. she was so patient with him, and they spoke to each other with so much love. it made me tear up a little, thinking about how malcolm will someday be that age, and how i hope that we have a similar relationship. as soon as my eyes started to water, an old friend of ours came in the door, so here's hoping that i didn't look like a weirdo. i tried to play it off as if something was bothering my contact, ha. i kind of just teared up again typing this out. oh boy.

it's hard not having a baby anymore. malcolm is a full blown "preschooler" these days. constantly asking questions, wanting to help me with whatever i am doing, and keeping me busy all day long. i miss him as an infant, but i am excited for him to grow up. i know that three is a challenging year (to say the least), since alanna was a horrible beast at this age, but i am really looking forward to the next twelve months and i hope it doesn't fly by too quickly. i might be kicking myself in a few months for saying that.



just when i think he is growing up too fast, he reminds me just how little he still is. this evening we put a few items up in the attic with the rest of our baby storage, and he insisted on getting his bumbo seat down. i caved, thinking that it was way too little, and that he wouldn't want to play with it. i was wrong. he still fits in it! he sat and watched part of a movie in it on the floor. oh how i love this silly lil' guy :)

2 comments:

  1. He is looking so grown up! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a blink of an eye they are grown, keep enjoying this time with him. I wish I would have started a blog when my kids were smaller, so many things forgotten in the hustle and bustle of life. I cry all the time about stuff like that, it isnt weakness, sensitivity, empathy, feeling emotion is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete