Tuesday, September 14, 2010

lake johnson

since the weather is starting to turn, i have a feeling we will be spending lots of time here. we love this lake. the path around it is paved, and half of it is nice and level, which is perfect for me to ride malcolm along. his weeride makes it a little harder to pedal than normal, and since i just have a beach cruiser (one speed), it is really hard for me to go up hills with him in his seat. but as long as we avoid any steep inclines, we have a great time riding. alanna likes riding too. and danny loves the path for running. on saturday we went and danny ran 6 miles. oh, and of course, we love to see the ducks and geese (and turtles)!

this guy totally bit me on my finger and malcolm on his arm! (we were trying to pet his back, haha)







3 comments:

  1. That place looks very peaceful! We always love to feed the birds and geese, but they always seem to get sort of aggressive. It's nerve wracking. Does it hurt when they bite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, we have actually decided to stop feeding them. i read a flyer posted on the board near the lake about why you should not feed the waterfowl, and aggressive behavior is one on the list. plus the bread is really hard for them to digest, and it can make them sick. so now we will just go and observe them instead.

    but no, it didn't really hurt, just startled us. it was actually pretty funny. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent a good amount of time yesterday catching up on all of your posts and pictures that I have missed. I just love you and your family and your wonderful adventures together.

    Also, I wanted to thank you for your sweet comment regarding my friend's accident. You are so kind to think of me during such a crappy day. Love.

    ReplyDelete