Friday, May 14, 2010

friday favorite: splat the cat

sorry i missed a couple weeks of books posts, but this cold has really put me in a funk. i am finally feeling a little better today. i still have a lingering cough, but my head isn't quite as foggy as it was. so i think it is on it's way out... hooray!

today i chose splat the cat by rob scotton. this is another book that danny bought for malcolm when he was a tiny little baby. we've been reading it a lot lately. he loves it, and will ask for it by name. the illustrations are great, and the story is simple and fun. i had never heard of it before danny brought it home. good pick, husbandito! there are a couple more splat books, and this author has another character named russell the sheep, but we have yet to read any of those other stories. if they are as good and cute as this one, i'd like to get them all.




have you read any of these books?

2 comments:

  1. Those illustrations look so fun!
    I've never seen or heard of those books. We'll have to check them out.

    One of Alden's favorites (that he's now reading to me all the time) is 'Not a Box' by Antoinette Portis. I love how everything the hardcover book is made of and the colors used looks like packaging/shipping materials. It's very simple but cute.

    Sorry you're still sick! I came down with something that kicked my butt over the weekend and it's still lingering. Boo to colds. Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ive never read them but ill def. check them out. ive been trying to build a library for my lil guy.

    ReplyDelete