Sunday, June 21, 2009

my father

this holiday always makes me pretty homesick. it is hard being over 2,000 miles away from my dad and the rest of my family. i miss them all very much. i wish we were closer, i feel bad that they aren't around to see alanna and malcolm growing up.

my dad will be turning 76 this year. i am thankful for his good health and energy, he always seems to be going, going, going. he always has something that he is working on... making the yard look great, fixing things around the house, helping others in the neighborhood and with the church. this is probably why he is doing so good for his age. (dad, please don't stop anytime soon!) he is a really generous and giving person, and most importantly he is a great father and grandfather. he worked really hard for our family when i was growing up, and he is still always willing to help me out whenever we have a problem (which seems to be pretty often, haha).

we only get to visit my family a few times a year, but it is so nice when we do. i am grateful that we are all able to travel back and forth. we went to salt lake city in march and april of this year, and mom and dad will be out here in just 3 more months. we are excited to see them soon. we love you guys! happy fathers day dad!




with alanna in slc, 2006


dad, alanna, and mom, at the planetarium (i love this photo!)


dad and alanna in nc, 2008


this is one of my favorite photos of my dad with his older brother, my uncle jake in idaho before jake died.


and with my sister natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment